Telegram has updated their windows phone version and while it is still not a UWP windows 10 app, it does not miss miss a lot of functions compared to its iOS counterpart. That said, I do miss a couple of things but first here is what is new in this version:
* Edit your messages everywhere within 2 days after posting.
* Mention people in groups by typing @ and selecting them from the list — even if they don’t have a username.
* Get to your friends faster with the new People list in Search.
* Find inline bot shortcuts in the attachment menu.
On mobile, at least for me, Telegram is not very kind to the battery. I have read elsewhere that this is apparently attributable to the app being a Silverlight product. Secondly, personally, I think the UI could be drastically improved.
Thirdly, the app – at least to me – is not very efficient. I mean this in the sense that often it struggles to connect either or the mobile or on the desktop or both. Also the mobile and desktop versions not only are not similarly designed, they are also often out of sync – this corrects itself quickly though, to be fair.
On mobile it may not be as quick to connect as it is on the PC, but the sync is pretty fast. Faster than WhatsApp, in my experience. The desktop client is beautiful, the mobile on is ugly. A new app with the design more resembling that of the SMS one would be welcome.
- Windows Phone users getting banned from Pokemon Go
- Why Dropping Windows Phone 8.1 users from Skype is a good thing
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 Changelog
- Spotify for Windows Phone gets new color scheme and pivot navigation
- Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14371 Bugs
- Amazon app removed from windows phone store
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for windows phone gets enterprise ID support
- Features lost or not supported in windows 10 mobile
- Mediafire updates windows phone and windows 10 app
- Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.164 problems