HTC and Nokia released Windows Phone for the holidays just last week and right now, the Windows Phone 8x (by HTC) and Nokia Lumia 920 are the two top of the line Windows Phone 8 devices offering amazing features and good looks. They share a lot of similarities but this post is all about pointing their differences. While both are extremely fast phones but in our benchmarks, the Lumia 920 felt faster, despite handling more pixel. Yes, there is difference in their resolution, with Lumia 920 packing 1280 x 768 pixel resolution in its 4.5 inch IPS screen and Windows Phone 8X featuring 1280 x 720 pixel resolution in its 4.3 inch SLCD2 screen.
We would, though point out that while the Lumia 920 packs more pixels, the screen of 8x is true 16:9. Other differences include dedicated audio amplifier with Beats audio that promises amazing sound quality. Lumia is not shabby either, offering Dolby sound processing. The Lumia 920 has slightly higher resolution too (8.9MP vs 8MP) and wonderful optical image stabilization that results in less shaky and blurry pictures.
Battery is also bigger on the Lumia 920, packing 2000mAh battery vs 1800mAh battery in the Windows Phone 8x. If you ask me, I would whole heartedly go for the Nokia Lumia 920 as it packs better features and exclusive Nokia apps. Also, history has shown that the Nokia is more dedicated to the Windows Phone, offering regular updates to do away with bugs and adding new features.
- Windows Phone users getting banned from Pokemon Go
- Why Dropping Windows Phone 8.1 users from Skype is a good thing
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 Changelog
- Spotify for Windows Phone gets new color scheme and pivot navigation
- Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14371 Bugs
- Amazon app removed from windows phone store
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for windows phone gets enterprise ID support
- Telegram for windows phone updated
- Features lost or not supported in windows 10 mobile
- Mediafire updates windows phone and windows 10 app