Folks at amazon have removed their windows phone app from the store. While it is not totally removed and users who have the direct link to it as you can still download it but new users and not-so-technical people would be having hard time download the Amazon app to their windows phone.
Folks at windowsunited.de did some q and a with the amazon team and these were their replies.
1. Why is the Amazon Shopping app no longer available in the Windows Store?
… The Shopping app is not available for Windows Phone for download. We recommend customers Amazon.de call via your mobile browser, where they have access to all the shopping features.
2. Why can Windows Phone users not download the Amazon Shopping App?
It is our first priority to offer our customers the best possible shopping experience, so our shopping app is no longer available for Windows Phone. We recommend customers Amazon.de call via your mobile browser, where they have access to all the shopping features.
3. Is a new Amazon App for Windows 10 in development?
Sorry, we have no information about our product planning.
4. Does this change have any effect on Windows Phone users who have already downloaded the app?
No, currently there is no impact.
- Windows Phone users getting banned from Pokemon Go
- Why Dropping Windows Phone 8.1 users from Skype is a good thing
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 Changelog
- Spotify for Windows Phone gets new color scheme and pivot navigation
- Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14371 Bugs
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for windows phone gets enterprise ID support
- Telegram for windows phone updated
- Features lost or not supported in windows 10 mobile
- Mediafire updates windows phone and windows 10 app
- Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.164 problems